Version 1.18 of NemaStudio
This proves that the latest versions of NemaStudio apparently seem to be quite stable and I am very happy about that.
Yet there always seems room for improvement, and – for various reasons -I unfortunately cannot always honour all requests for additional functionality, but most will get through. Like this one that I like to introduce here as a complete new instrument in NemaStudio: the Transducer.
In this version of NemaStudio the Transducer is currently still quite basic, and I am anxiously awaiting your suggestions for improvements.
As you can see on the image above (click on it for full scale) you can identify 4 sensors. This is the maximum number of sensors you can send in one sentence with NemaStudio. If you need more just create another instance of the Transducer object.
Formatter and Identifier
Currently the only formatter used in the Transducer object is $—XDR, and I do not know if there are other common formatters that can be used within this context. Also I must admit the choice of Identifiers is rather limited as you can see. My guess is that $II is most used in practice.
Type and Unit fields
Both Type and Unit can be selected via a Dropdown/Combo box. Note that there is currently no relational consistency check between these fields. So it is quite possible to output Frequency data as Litres per Hour as you can see in the example!
What else is new in version 1.18?
- When the Control Center has focus (you can give it focus by clicking it) you can use the arrow keys to change course and speed
- It is no longer possible to set the course control to a value of 360 degrees
- A new option is introduced here to enable automatic start when the program is opened. This option is very useful when NemaStudio needs to be run as a background task.
- The $—THS sentence is added
- The maximum value of all ‘degrees’ up/down controls is now 359.9 instead of 360
- All ‘degrees’ up/down controls will now loop, meaning that when the maximum limit is reached the value will be reset to 0.0 and also the other way round.
Where to download this new version of NemaStudio
You can download and install this new version of NemaStudio here:
To licensed users
This version is free for you and works with your current license codes.